| Covid-19 Booster Dose | CoWin App | Eligibility Criteria | Time gap to take Booster Dose | How to Reschedule |
Booster Dose : Anticipating 3rd wave of Covid-19 in the country with the commencement of New Year 2022, the Government of India has come up with the 3rd Dose of Covid-19 Vaccine called Booster Dose or Precaution Dose. As the name suggests, Booster dose is meant to raise the level of immunity that you have developed in your body after taking the Covid-19 Vaccination. In this article today, we will discuss the eligibility for getting Booster Dose of Covid-19, how you can book your Booster Dose, how you can reschedule slot. We request you to read the article thoroughly.
As we all know, the 2nd wave of Covid-19 shook the Nation and proved disastrous for the entire country. Many families lost their loved ones to this deadly virus and felt helpless for need of sufficient medical care. In order to protect the nation from such circumstances in future, the Health care system of India under the governance of Government of India has initiated the drive of vaccinating its citizens with the Booster Dose. One can easily understand the importance of this precaution vaccine and how necessary it is to protect us from the fearful consequences of the 3rd wave of Covid-19 pandemic.
Covid Booster Dose
To begin with, Senior citizens of the country i.e those above the age of 60 years are now eligible for Booster Dose. Also, those who are registered as Health care workers and frontline workers like nurses, doctors etc. all are eligible to take this shot. However, these eligible citizens can take the booster dose only if they are fully vaccinated with the 2 doses of Covid vaccine as instructed by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. Here, it is important to remember that a period of atleast 39 weeks must have passed after getting fully vaccinated. Also, Citizens who are of 60 years of age or above and having co-morbidities must take medical advice before taking this vaccine.
The procedure allows you for walk-in vaccination at the center. However, pre-registration at CoWin website or portal will only make it easier for you. As you will be sure about your slot, there will not be any need to wait in long queues for getting vaccinated. Also, on visiting the vaccination centers after registration on Cowin , you will have to stay there for a limited time and leave quickly. This is necessary to maintain social distancing and contain the spread of Covid-19.
Key Highlights of this article on Booster Dose
|Subject||Booster Dose of Covid Vaccine |
3rd Dose Registration 2022
|Available by||Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India|
|Mode of Registration||Online on Cowin or Walk in Regsitration|
|Commencement of Registration||10th January,2022|
|Mandatory requirement||Must has already taken both doses of Covid vaccination i.e. fully vaccinated|
|Beneficiaries||Citizen of India Presently, only for senior citizens, citizens registered as Front Line Workers and Healthcare workers|
|Applicable in||Entire of India|
|Mandatory Period Gap||Gap of atleast 39 weeks after 2nd Dose of Covid-19 vaccination|
Check your Eligibility
You are eligible to apply for and take Booster Dose on the basis of following conditions. Remember that the conditions are met:
- A registered Health Care Worker or a Front Line Worker is eligible
- Senior citizens i.e. with age of 60 or above are eligible
- If you are one of the persons from (a) or (b) mentioned above, you should also be fully vaccinated as per the vaccination records of Co-WIN
- For taking the Booster Dose, a period of atleast 39 weeks must have passed after getting fully vaccinated. You can see the due date in your Cowin Account Details
How to Register for Covid Booster Dose?
A step by step guide on how to register yourself is given below:
- First, open the official website of Cowin i.e. cowin.gov.in. You can also login to Aarogya Setu app mobile and there tap on the ‘Cowin’ tab
- Click on the option in the top menu bar ‘Register/Sign in
- A new screen opens up, here you have to enter your mobile number
- Enter the mobile number using which you registered earlier for Dose 1 and Dose 2 of vaccine
- Mention the One Time Password (OTP) received in the column on the screen
- Click on ‘Verify and Proceed’
- Here, the system shows the details of vaccination course of 1st and 2nd dose completed by you
- Your name, year of birth, the photo ID proof that you submitted, all are there on the screen
- Now, check your eligibility for booster dose by verifying the criteria mentioned above
- If you are eligible for taking booster dose, choose the option ‘Booster Dose’
- The screen before you will show the available slots
- You can also book for the same by choosing the option ‘Book Vaccination Slots’ in the options listed under Vaccination services
- Here you can book the slot based on your district or pin number.
- Select the slot that is available and also convenient to you
- Click on ‘Book’
- On successful confirmation of your appointment, you can download the details.
- A confirmation message with your secret code and booked slot details will also be sent to your registered mobile number
Vaccine Certificate Correction
Check availability of sessions for Covid-19 Booster Dose
The available slot are published on Co-WIN and also updated at 8:00 am, 12:00 pm, 4:00 pm and 8:00 pm. These sessions are published by the District Immunization Officer (DIO) and the Private COVID-19 Vaccination Centre for enabling online booking of sessions.
NOTE: Citizens who are of 60 years of age or above and having co-morbidities, can take precautionary vaccine only after taking medical advice.
Mode of Booking
The eligible citizens can get their vaccine by booking slot on Co-Win portal. They can also go for On-site or Walk-in registration for administering the vaccine. However, if the citizen is opting for walk-in registration, the availability of vaccine at the vaccination center must be confirmed beforehand.
Rescheduling of Booster Dose Slot
If you have booked for the slot once and are unable to take it for some reasons, you cannot opt for cancellation. The booking of slot by you gets published by the District Immunization Officer and thus cannot be cancelled.
However, you can reschedule your session. Also, if your vaccination center shows inability to vaccinate you on the booked slot timings, then also your slot is rescheduled. The information regarding rescheduling of your slot is sent to your registered mobile number along with the next scheduled appointment.
How to Reschedule your Covid-19 Booster Dose
As we have told you, once registered for slot on Cowin website, you cannot cancel your registration. However, you can reschedule your slot by doing the following simple steps:
- Visit the official website of Cowin ‘https://www.cowin.gov.in’
- Here, in the top menu bar, click on ‘Register/Sign in’
- Here, a screen opens up, enter your mobile number with which you have registered and ‘submit’
- Enter the One Time Password ‘OTP’ that you have received on your mobile.
- Now, you are logged in.
- The details of the slot already booked by you are visible on the screen
- In order to reschedule, click on ‘Vaccination services’
- Now choose ‘Manage Appointments’ from the dropdown list
- Here, you can see the details of available slots with which you can reschedule your already booked slot
- Select the preferred slot and submit
- Your slot has been rescheduled
- You will also get SMS on your registered mobile confirming the timings of the new slot
In case, you find any issues with your registration, rescheduling of your slot or any other query, you can talk to the representatives of CoWin portal on the following numbers
|Toll Free Number||1075|
|Official Website Link||cowin.gov.in|
With this, we conclude our article on Booster Dose, i.e. 3rd Covid-19 vaccine. We have included all the information relating to this precaution vaccine. However, getting vaccinated in no way frees us from wearing masks and maintaining sanitization. Our team requests you all to wear face masks, maintain social distancing, sanitize your hands time to time and keep this Covid-19 virus at bay.