Oasis Scholarship 2022– The State Government of West Bengal has come up with the Scholarship program ‘Oasis Scholarship 2022’ as an initiative to financially support the SC, ST and OBC students. This scheme is specifically launched for the benefit of students of West Bengal. The scheme is being monitored by the Backward Classes Welfare Department and Tribal Development Department of the Government of West Bengal. In this article today, we will share every information relating to this Scheme. You will get to know whether you are eligible or not, how to apply for this reward amount, important official links to track your application and how to submit the application in correct form to get approval.
What is Oasis Scholarship 2022 ?
The Oasis Scholarship scheme is dedicated to pre and post-matric students. The Scheme is dedicated to support the students belonging to reserved category. The scheme is divided into 4 categories covering the students of SC, ST and OBC category. The amount of reward ranges from Rs.150 per month to as much as Rs.1200/- depending upon the type of scholarship. You can apply for this scheme on the official website link given below. However, before filling up the form, read complete details given carefully to save time during filling up the form.
Objective of Oasis Scholarship 2022
As we all know, education suffers the worst when it comes to financial limitations. Poor financial situation in the family forces even the brightest of the students to drop out from the school and pursue some work to support the family financially. In order to save the students of West Bengal from their hard financial position, Government of West Bengal has initiated this Oasis Scholarship Scheme.
How will Scheme support the Students?
- Lighten the financial burden of education from the students
- To encourage students to pursue higher education and fulfil their dreams
- It aims to bring equality in the Society, so that the students of backward classes who cannot afford their education can also compete with other students in life
- To motivate the students to continue with their education and feel assured that the support of system and Government is with them
Key highlights of Oasis Scholarship Scheme 2022
|Name of Scholarship||OASIS Scholarship|
|Initiated By||State Government of West Bengal|
|Current Academic Year||2022-2023|
|Objective||For giving benefits to the deserving beneficiaries|
|Beneficiaries||Class students belonging to reserved categories|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Scholarship providing Department||Backward Classes Welfare & Tribal Development Department of Government of West Bengal|
|Reward Amount||Varies from Rs.150 pm to Rs.1,200 pm|
|Article Primary Category||State Govt Scholarship Scheme|
Kinds of Oasis Scholarship
The scholarship is bifurcated into four types. These are listed below:
- Pre-Matric Oasis Scholarship for ST students.
- Oasis Pre-Matric scholarship for SC students
- Oasis Scholarship Post Matric for OBC students.
- Post-Matric Oasis Scholarship for SC & ST students..
West Bengal OASIS Scholarship Amount
The following amount is proposed to be given to the Scholars under each of the category:
|Name of Scholarship scheme||Amount for Day Scholars||Reward amount to Hostellers|
|Pre-matric scholarship for SC students||Rs.150 per month for 10 months + annual payment of Rs.750/- as Adhoc grant||Monthly payment of Rs.750/- for 10 months + annual payment of Rs.1000/- as Adhoc grant|
|Pre-matric scholarship for ST students||Rs.150 per month for 10 months + annual payment of Rs.750/- as Adhoc grant||Monthly payment of Rs.750/- for 10 months + annual payment of Rs.1000/- as Adhoc grant|
|Post-matric scholarship for SC/ST students||Payment up to Rs.550/- on monthly basis as Maintenance allowance||Payment up to Rs.1200/- on monthly basis as Maintenance allowance|
|Post-matric scholarship for OBC students||Payment up to Rs.350/- on monthly basis as Maintenance allowance||Payment up to Rs.750/- on monthly basis as Maintenance allowance|
|For medical/ engineering/ BSc (Agri)/ MPhil/ PhD/ LLM students||Monthly reward of Rs.550/-||Monthly reward of Rs.1200/-|
|For Bachelor of Pharmacy/ LLB/ Bachelor of Nursing/ PG/ Hotel Management courses etc.||Monthly reward of Rs.530/-||Monthly reward of Rs.830/-|
|General courses up to graduate level||Monthly reward of Rs.300/-||Monthly reward of Rs.750/-|
|Candidates of class 11th and 12th in 10+2 system intermediate courses/ ITI courses/ Polytechnic||Monthly reward of Rs.230/-||Monthly reward of Rs.750/-|
|For medical/ engineering/ BSc (Agri)/ MPhil/ PhD/ LLM students||Monthly reward of Rs.350/-||Monthly reward of Rs.750/-|
|For Bachelor of rmacy / LLB/ Bachelor of Nursing/ Post Graduation/ Hotel Management courses etc.||Monthly reward of Rs.335/-||Monthly reward of Rs.510/-|
|General courses up to graduate level||Monthly reward of Rs.210/-||Monthly reward of Rs.400/-|
|Candidates of class 11th and 12th in 10+2 system intermediate courses/ ITI courses/ Polytechnic||Monthly reward of Rs.160/-||Monthly reward of Rs.260/-|
Eligibility Criteria on basis of Income
|Name of Scheme||Eligibility Criteria||Income Criteria|
|Pre-matric scholarship for SC students||The applicant should be studying in Class 9th of Class 10th Candidate should be from the SC category||The annual family/parental income from all sources should not be higher than a total of Rs.2 Lakh|
|Pre-matric scholarship for ST students||The applicant should be studying in Class 9th or Class 10th Candidate should be from the ST||The annual family/parental income from all sources should not be higher than a total of Rs.2 Lakh|
|Post-matric scholarship for SC/ST students||The applicant should be learning at the post-secondary or post-matriculation level Candidate should be from the SC/ST category||The annual family/parental income from all sources should not be higher than a total of Rs.2.5 Lakh|
|Post-matric scholarship for OBC students||The applicant should be learning at the post-secondary level Candidate should be from the OBC category||The annual family/parental income from all sources should not be higher than a total of Rs.1 Lakh|
Documents required for OASIS Scholarship
The list of documents that are required to apply for OASIS Scholarship are given below:
- Passport-size photograph
- Birth certificate as age proof
- Caste certificate as proof of beneficiary belonging to SC/ST or OBC category
- Domicile certificate of the State of West Bengal
- Income certificate issued by the Civic body of the area
- Certificate of the just previous exam duly cleared by the applicant
- Mark Sheet as proof of qualifying the previous exam
- Aadhaar card copy (or any other identity proof issued by Government)
- A copy of the bank passbook with details of account number, name and address of account holder, bank branch details
- Fee payment receipt of the class you are studying in.
How to Apply for Oasis Scholarship
Till now we have explained the eligibility criteria for getting benefit of Oasis Scholarship program. Now, we will explain you the procedure for applying Oasis Scholarship online. You can apply by following the step by step procedure explained below:
First, you have to register for the scholarship under Student Registration icon and then have to login to apply
How to Register for Oasis Scholarship
- Visit the official website link ‘oasis.gov.in‘
- This is the official portal to apply for the reward
- On the top menu bar, there is option of ‘students registration’ in Students corner. Click on it
- Thereafter, a new page opens up on the screen
- Here you can select the name of district where the institution you study in is located.
- For those whose institution is other than West Bengal, they need to select the district of their permanent residence in West Bengal
- After selecting your district, hit the ‘submit’ button
- You see a new page opens which asks you to enter your details
- Mention all the details carefully
- You have to upload your caste certificate. Click on Verify
- You also have to set up the username and password that you wish to login with in future
- Now, hit the ‘submit’ button
- You are successfully registered for the program
How to Login for Oasis Scholarship
Now, that you have registered yourself, you have to login the portal to apply:
- Visit the official website of Oasis Scholarship
- On the top menu bar, choose the option ‘Registered Student’s login’
- A page opens up, enter the username and password
- Here, you have the option to Apply
- Your application form appears on the screen with the information you have filled up in the registration column above
- Choose the option ‘Save And Proceed’
- For submission of the form, download it by choosing the option ‘Download Application Form’
- Now take print of your downloaded application form
- Attach all the required documents that you have mentioned in your applicaton form
- Submit this application form to your Block Development Officer (BDO) for block area. In case of municipal corporation, submit this form to PO cum DWO
How to Renew Oasis Application?
If the applicant wants to renew the scholarship on completion of period for which they had applied, they can renew the same.
In order to renew the application, you have to follow the below mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website link ‘oasis.gov.in‘
- In the Students’ corner, click on renew application in the top menu bar of webpage.
- Now, login by entering your credentials
- Carefully check all the details that are shown filled up
- If you have more details that need to be entered, enter that additional information
- Select the option Renew Application
- Here, you have to fill the information of the current academic year
- Choose the option Renew and Lock Application
- Download the application form after renewal
- Take print of this application and attach all the required documents details of which you have entered as proofs
- Submit the application to the Block Development Officer (BDO) of your block area. In case of municipal corporation, submit it to PO cum DWO
How to track the status of Oasis Scholarship Scheme?
After filling up the form and submitting it to the officer as recommended, you can track your application form. This can be done in the following simple steps:
- Visit the official website link ‘oasis.gov.in’
- On the homepage, appears the option ‘track an application’
- A new page opens up on the screen
- Here, you have to select the district from which you applied
- On submitting it, you have to mention your application serial number
- Choose the session for which you are tracking the application
- Feed the captcha code in the box on the screen as said
- Hit the tab ‘Check Status’
- The details of your application can be seen on the screen
How to recover the password through forget password?
- Visit the official website of Oasis scholarship
- The homepage of website opens up
- Here, you have choose the option ‘Forget Password’ in the top menu bar
- On the page that opens up, choose the district from which you applied
- Again, on clicking ‘submit’, a new page opens, here the system asks you to choose the session for which the application has to be tracked
- Also, enter your date of birth, registered mobile number and caste certificate number
- Click on Submit
- You will get OTP, enter the OTP and your password will be reset.
- Enter the new password that you want to use in future course of action
Where to apply for incentive on Unclean Occupation?
- Visit the official website link ‘oasis.gov.in’
- On the homepage, there is option ‘uncleaned occupation’ in the top menu bar
- By clicking on the option, you will see an application form opens on your screen
- Here, fill up all the details like school name, applicant’s name, Father’s/Guardian name, address, post office, police station, occupation of the occupant’s guardian, present class of study, whether a day scholar or a hosteller etc.
- Now, click on submit and the application form stands filled
Helpline number of Oasis Scholarship
The Government of West Bengal has also made provision of a helpline number to assist the candidates if they find any difficulty in the procedure.
You can talk to the representatives of Oasis Scholarship on this number
Q: I could’nt fill the application in one sitting after registration. Do I need to register again?
Ans: No. Once you get registered and created your User ID and password, you don’t need to register again. You can apply for the scheme through login option. Just click on login, enter your User ID, password and start filling up the form.
Q . Do I need to apply for renewal of Oasis Scholarship every year?
Ans: Yes, you have to apply for renewal to continue with the benefit of reward. However, you don’t need to register every time. You can renew the application through option ‘renew Scholarship’
Q. I forgot my User ID / password. Do I need to register once again?
Ans: You don’t need to register again for User ID and password. Click on the option, Forget password and follow the steps as mentioned in the article above to recover your old username and password.
Q. I did some mistake in my application form. Can I edit and correct the form?
Ans: You can make changes in the information and correct it till the time you click on “Lock and forward the online application” to the institute.
Q. I filled up my form by mistakenly choosing wrong category / wrong scheme? How to edit the Oasis scholarship form?
Ans: In such case, you need to make a fresh registration with the correct details regarding your caste and scheme for which you are eligible.
Q. I am a resident of Bengal but studying in institute outside of West Bengal? Can I apply for this scholarship?
Ans: Yes you are eligible to apply but only if you are a permanent resident of West Bengal. In this case, you have to choose the district of your permanent address instead that of your institute.